Accelerate Cape Town is a business think tank and a catalyst in bringing together stakeholders in the Cape Town region to develop and implement a long-term vision for sustainable, inclusive economic growth.
The organisation was started by a group of business leaders brought together by a common concern over the pace and direction of change in the Cape. They agreed that a common long-term vision and future strategy were needed for the region, and that “big business” should play a leading role in developing and implementing them.
Accelerate Cape Town works on mobilising the combined expertise, influence and enthusiasm of its members to deliver long term socio-economic growth for the Cape region.
The key aims of Accelerate Cape Town are to:
- Accelerate economic growth in the city and the region
- Promote the city and region as a prime locality for investment
- Effectively represent the views of big business
- Establish a vibrant network of leaders in business, government, education and other stakeholders
- Set up and maintain constructive partnerships.